- Added support for Smartphone devices: new project type, new project wizard,
modified CAB builder. (Mostly hidden in this release).
- The New Project dialog can create projects in any directory (the directory
may already exist).
- The Win32 application wizard and the Pocket PC application wizard
can now also create simple dialog based applications.
- The linker can now read module-definition (.DEF) files. Most Microsoft
options are supported, but some differences exist. Also added linker option
to disallow binding of DLL files.
- The compiler will now remove the initial underscore for __cdecl functions
when they are exported. Same as for the Microsoft compiler.
- The dialog editor can now center controls within the dialog.
- The resource compiler, and hence the IDE, can now read Borland style
bitmaps, icons and cursors (in the source form). This doesn't mean that all
Borland resource scripts can be read, but at least more of them.
- The resource compiler now handles #line directives (from the preprocessor)
in a more generic and better way.
- The source code editor now scrolls left/right when selecting text with the mouse
outside the visible page.
- The source code editor now only moves the caret when the text is scrolled
by the keyboard.
- New layout of debugger tabs for autos, locals, and globals (new!). Many
internal changes to the debugger. Better (?) support for pointers.
- Added runtime functions _strdate(), _strtime() and
_wcsdate(), _wcstime() (not _wstrdate() and _wstrtime()!).
- Added runtime functions _itoa, _ltoa and _ultoa.
- Added ceconfig.h, celog.h, cemapi.h, phone.h,
vibrate.h, d3d.h, d3dcaps.h, d3drm.h, d3drmdef.h,
d3drmobj.h, d3drmwin.h, d3dxcore.h, d3dxerr.h, dplay.h,
dplobby.h, dplobby8.h to the distribution.
- Added d3drm.lib, d3dxof.lib, dinput.lib, dinput8.lib,
dplay.lib, dplayx.lib, dsound.lib, mssip32.lib,
oleacc.lib to the distribution.
- Bugfix: The Project build window and the Debugger trace window didn't use
system colors properly. Now I only use bold for more important text.
- Bugfix: The resource compiler didn't correctly handle CLASS statements in
- Bugfix: What seemed like a perfectly good optimization for years, suddenly
produced bad code in one module. Hard to explain, but millions of lines have
passed through the compiler without producing any problems. Must be a rare case.
- Bugfix: The source code editor didn't properly handle the Return key in
replace mode (non-insert).
- Bugfix: The source code editor didn't display the correct character position
when the line contained tabs.
- Bugfix: The source code editor didn't properly repaint the breakpoint/bookmark
margin when inserting or deleting lines.
- Bugfix: The source code editor didn't outdent if any of the selected lines
contained spaces or were empty.
- Bugfix: The source code editor didn't handle Shift + Mouse-click selection.
- Bugfix: The linker sometimes messed up complex CodeView types.
- Bugfix: The linker didn't check for empty sections. Not needed for C compilers,
but an assembler might emit this.
- Bugfix: olepro32.lib was on my disk, but nowhere else! Now added to the distribution.
- Bugfix: The IDE called WAVE resources WAV.
- Bugfix: The binary file dumper didn't properly handle export ordinals for
- Bugfix 2.72.1: menu and control ID's above 32767 wasn't handled correctly.
- Bugfix 2.72.2: the linker was confused by exported names sorted after
names beginning with '__imp_'.
- Bugfix 2.72.2: MANIFEST's must have a resource ID of 1. (As a convenience, the
Win32 application wizard will now call InitCommonControls, which is required
for MANIFEST's to work).